Referendum or referendum, how do you spell it?
Referendum or referendum?
What is the correct spelling of the word and in what context is it used? Today we will answer this great question in a very didactic and fácil way.
Please note the following:
#RAEconsultas In Spanish, “referendum”, pl.
“referendums” or “referendum”, pl.
Remember to include in your future inquiries, in addition to mentioning our account (@RAEinforma), the hashtag #dudaRAE.
– RAE (@RAEinforma) November 6, 2019
- “Referendum” = is the correct way to write the word.
- “Referendum” = is also a valid form and arises from “Referendum”.
- Referendum and Referendum are correct expressions, both refer to the process by which they are subject to habitual vote, laws or political decisions.
- Referendum It would come to be the closest way to the original etymology, which comes from the Latin referendum, and denotes “what has to be consulted”.
- Referendum It is the variant adapted to Spanish.
Despite the fact that this Latinism has been castilianized, the ending with “um” It is still the most used.
So it is valid to say:
- The referendum will take place on Friday of next week.
- The president has announced the constitutional referendum.
In addition to:
- Many citizens believe that the referendum is a double-edged sword.
- We cannot deny that the referendum is a democratic means.
It is essential to note that the plural form belongs to referendum forks referendumsfor referendum is referendums adding an “s” at the end of the word.
Another point is that the Latin plural form “referenda” should be avoided.
Here are some examples:
- In just 4 years, several referendums have been held to find out the criteria of the people.
- We have to think of a legal tool to carry out consultative referendums.
We hope you liked our article Referendum or referendum, how do you spell it?
and everything related to earning money, getting a job, and the economy of our house.
Interesting things to know the meaning: Currency
We also leave here topics related to: Earn money