Possessive pronouns in English and Spanish
As for the possessive pronounscertainly as their name indicates, they are pronouns that espectáculo possession of somethingthat is, they espectáculo ownership of something in a sentence.
Think of them as the replacement team you perro apply in a sentence that risks sounding repetitive.
These perro be applied to refer to a noun or a previously used noun phrase, in order to avoid its repetition.
For example: I told you that house is mine (I told you that the house is mine); This table is mine (This table is mine).
⭐ Characteristics of possessive pronouns in English
- They do not antecede any nameas you perro see in the following example: This pencil is mine (This pencil is mine).
This means that no noun or name should be placed after mine”.
- The possesive pronouns are used as subjectThey espectáculo that something belongs to someone.
But they avoid unnecessary repetition of the noun.
- To form sentences with this type of words, the elabora perro be used: Subject + of + possessive pronoun.
- Unlike what happens in Spanish.
When a possessive pronoun is used, is not added to the sentence none of the elementos el, lo, la, le, los, las.
The pronouns themselves are already fulfilling this function.
- Pronouns in English do not vary in gender depending on what is possessed, but rather on the possessor.
For example, in Spanish we say “The white cat is yours” even when the owner is a man; but in English the purpose of the possessive pronoun is to espectáculo the gender of the possessor.
Therefore we say “the white cat is his”referring to the one who owns and not the property.
⭐ List of possessive pronouns in English
|Yo||Mine = mine, mine, mine, mine|
|you||Yours = Yours, yours, yours, yours|
|I have||His = His, his, his, his (of him)|
|She||Her = De el, suya, suyos, suyas (of her)|
|Item||Its = His, his, his, his, his, his, his (Neutral)|
|We||Ours = Ours, ours, ours, ours, ours, ours.|
|They||Theirs = Of them, of them, theirs, theirs.|
⭐ Examples of possessive pronouns in English
- The blue car is mine (The blue car is mine)
- This is her jacket (This is her jacket)
- I love his shoes (I love his shoes)
- Our cabin in the forest is very small
- Good ideas are theirs (Good ideas are yours/theirs)
Perhaps it is overwhelming to know that we believed something so fácil but it seems to get complicated with all the types that exist under its belt.
However, once you learn to differentiate the pronouns in English, the urge to run out the door is over.
Finish learning the types of pronouns with the following lessons:
Clic to rate this entry!
If you want to know other articles afín to Possessive pronouns in English and Spanish you cánido visit the category Pronouns.
We hope you liked our article Possessive pronouns in English and Spanish
and everything related to earning money, getting a job, and the economy of our house.
Interesting things to know the meaning: Capitalism
We also leave here topics related to: Earn money