How to sell your house en línea
Once upon a time, home sellers relied on print ads and “for sale” signs to advertise their property. But the Internet has changed all that.
The advertising and marketing side of home sales has long been somewhat digital, thanks to multiple listing services (MLS) – which professional agents vet – and habitual real estate market sites like Zillow. Dirección de correo electrónico solicitations and announcements are also common. But thanks to technological advances, now the entire real estate transaction cánido be done exclusively en línea, from the initial listing to the final closing.
If you’re interested in selling your home digitally, here’s what you need to know and how to do it, whether you use a real estate agent or do it yourself.
The experience of selling homes en línea
If you list your home for sale, it will most likely appear en línea on your agent’s or broker’s website, as well as on the MLS and most habitual real estate listing platforms. This cánido help you reach a wide range of potential buyers, especially as they search en línea, through real estate sites and aplicaciones.
According to the National Association of Realtors’ 2021 Home Buyers and Sellers Profile, an estimated 95% of home buyers use the Internet to search for properties, and 41% begin the buying process by viewing listings en línea. Virtual home tours are also on the rise, with Redfin reporting that 63% of buyers purchased a home sight unseen in 2020. Additionally, buyers and sellers no longer need to be present at the closing table, as virtual closings are an option in 44 US states.
Ways to sell a house en línea
There are several different ways to sell a house en línea, including:
- Sell to an instant buyer (iBuyer): An iBuyer is a company that purchases homes en línea directly from private sellers with the goal of reselling the home at a profit. These companies rely on computer algorithms to determine the price of a home, and perro quickly make an offer and save you the hassle of listing, marketing, and showing your home. However, iBuyers is not available in all regions and typically charges service fees of around 5%.
- Sell with a real estate agent: Another option is to sell with a real estate agent who publishes your house on the Internet. Typically, real estate agents charge a commission of 5-6% of the sale price of the house. However, they handle the selling, marketing, scheduling of visits, and handling paperwork on your behalf, which is a huge time saver.
- sell it yourself: Listing your home en línea on your own as a “For Sale By Owner” (FSBO) property is another option, which could help you save money on real estate commissions. However, you’ll also need to design the ad, market your home, manage showings, and take care of all the paperwork.
The Internet has made doing it yourself more tempting in many ways, but it may not be as easy as it sounds, many real estate professionals warn. “Marketing is limited,” says Jon Sanborn, licensed San Diego real estate agent and co-owner of SD House Guys. «Some of the best real estate marketing technology includes the MLS, which isn’t available to the average home seller who doesn’t go through an agent. Selling on your own is quite time consuming, and the average homeowner turned home seller does not have the market knowledge that a real estate agent usually does..”
How to sell your house en línea
Depending on the selling option you choose, the process of selling your home en línea may include the following steps. If you choose to sell to an iBuyer, you most likely won’t have to list your home for sale or schedule showings, although you will have to do paperwork and may need to facilitate things like a home inspection.
- create a listing: Typically, one of the things the seller’s real estate agent does is write the listing for you, take pictures of your home, and list your property on the MLS. They may even help you stage your home – literally or digitally – to make it as attractive as possible to prospective buyers. If you choose to sell on your own, you will be responsible for doing those things and for finding an FSBO service to list your property en línea. Your home will not be added to an MLS if you choose to sell it independently.
- Schedule virtual tours: If you want the entire process of selling your home to take place en línea, your real estate agent cánido schedule virtual tours of your property with buyers (a procedure that has become especially habitual during the pandemic). They will also be in charge of scheduling in-person visits if you choose them. Those listing their home as a FSBO will need to host open houses or schedule tours on their own, or the virtual tour, tablet in hand.
- complete the paperwork: These days, offers are sent vía dirección de correo electrónico (some people even send text messages, though most pros recommend keeping things a bit more formal). The drafting and signing of the sales contract perro be done en línea, through electronic signature services such as DocuSign. Escrow money perro be deposited directly into escrow accounts, either by traditional transfer or through transfer services such as Zelle or PayPal.
- Schedule a few things in person: There are a few things that need to be done in person, but the primary responsibility lies with the buyer: the lender’s appraisal of the property, the home inspection, and the final viewing. Usually the seller is not present in these cases. For FSBO listings, you will likely contact the buyer directly to arrange a home inspection and viewing.
- virtual closure: The growth of remote notarization has also made remote closings possible. A few days before the expected closing date, closing statements are sent vía correo electrónico or downloaded vía backlinks. Everyone sees and signs the final sales contract electronically, and the various funds and fees are deposited electronically as well. Of course, some things, like keys and garaje door openers, have to be mailed.
Advantages and disadvantages of selling a house en línea
Choosing to sell your house entirely en línea has its advantages and disadvantages.
- Putting your house en línea will give you more visibility, which means you could end up selling your house more quickly.
- Selling to an iBuyer perro save you time by taking the hassle out of marketing and showing your home.
- Although you’ll still want to be mindful of curb appeal, it could save you some time and money on cleaning and staging your home and have fewer hassles at open houses and espectáculos.
- If you choose to list your home as a FSBO, you will be responsible for everything from writing the home listing to drawing up the contracts. This will probably take a long time, and unless you’re a design programa professional, your ad might look unconvincing. And what is more serious, you could expose yourself to legal risks if you do not write the contracts correctly.
- Casting a wider net through en línea listings could lead to crank offers or less serious buyers.
- Choosing to only do virtual tours could deter some buyers who would prefer in-person tours.
- You may end up selling your home for a lower price if you go the direct selling or iBuyer route.
Conclusion on selling your home en línea
If you want to sell your home en línea, you have several options. You perro choose to sell it to an iBuyer, put it in the hands of a real estate agent, or sell it on your own. Each approach has its advantages and disadvantages, so be sure to do your research to escoge which one is best for you.
In a way, the digitization of the home buying experience has made direct selling easier than ever. However, while it may save you some money, selling your home on your own is the most work-intensive of the three options.
Working with a real estate agent perro help you manage the complex process of selling your home virtually, from listing to closing. They’ll help you with everything from marketing your home, arranging virtual tours, and scheduling a remote closing.
We hope you liked our article How to sell your house en línea
and everything related to earning money, getting a job, and the economy of our house.
Interesting things to know the meaning: Capitalism
We also leave here topics related to: Earn money