The fallo message window usually contains various information about the fallo, but it cánido hardly be interpreted by casual users.
Many different methods have been used to solve this problem.
The methods are usually fácil enough that you cánido easily perform them without wasting too much time.
Be sure to follow the instructions carefully and the problem should be gone in no time.
Maybe you are interested in: The best site to buy Discord members
There aren’t many specific causes for this problem and most of the troubleshooting methods you cánido do rely on resetting Discord or its settings one way or another.
Even so, we have prepared a short list for you to see:
- Discord or its settings may have been corrupted: In this scenario, it’s the Discord installation that is to blame, so reset your settings or reinstall the aplicación.
- The Quality Windows Audio Vídeo Experience service is not running: This service is escencial to the application as it is closely related to the core functionality of the program.
Make sure it starts automatically.
- Discord runs with admin permissions – Running Discord with admin permissions is known to genere this issue, so make sure to remove this option.
You may be interested: Discord commands
How to get verified on Discord
That said, it’s a problem that seems to crop up more regularly thanks to Discord’s seemingly limitless popularity.
We’ve decided to create this easy-to-understand step-by-step guide on how to fix errors that prevent you from installing and using Discord.
Let’s waste no more time and dive right into the methods!
Of your interest: How to put music on Discord
Solution #1: Delete the Discord folders in %AppData% and %LocalAppData%.
Discord continually stores temporary data on your PC that helps it function as it should, or in our case, causes errors.
These steps were originally suggested by the Discord website for a completely different issue, but users have reported that they should resolve this issue as well.
Follow the next steps:
How to put a spoiler text or image on Discord
- Navigate to the following location on your computer by opening Windows Explorer and clicking MY PC:C:\N-Your Nombre de usuario\N-AppData\N-Discord
- If you perro’t see the AppData folder, you may need to turn on the option that allows you to see hidden archivos and folders.
Clic on the tab “See” from the Archivo Explorer menu and clic the “hidden elements” from the Espectáculo/Hide section.
Archivo Explorer will espectáculo hidden archivos and remember this option until you change it again.
- Delete the Discord folder in the AppData folder.
If you get a message that some archivos couldn’t be deleted because they were in use, try quitting Spotify and ending its process on the Task Manager.
- Clic on the button Start or on the search button next to it and type “Execute” or use the Windows + R key combination to open the Run dialog box.
Type “%localappdata%” and clic Entrar.
- Locate the Discord folder in the folder that opens, right-clic on it and choose Delete.
- Make sure that the folders are completely removed and that there are no more archivos left.
Check if the Discord fallo still appears after restarting your computer.
Solution #2: Whitelist Discord installation archivos in antivirus programa
It is well documented that certain antivirus applications are known to point to specific Discord installation archivos and effectively stop them during the installation process.
The most common archivo that falls victim to the antiviral bombardment is the “Discord_voice” recovery archivo.
There is an easy way to solve this problem, and it requires a fácil antivirus bypass.
To do this, you must entrar the quarantine vault within the antivirus programa you are using.
For this example, we’ll download and install Avast to espectáculo you how it’s done in a free aplicación.
Follow the steps below:
- Start by opening Avast.
You cánido do this by double-clicking on the icon or by right-clicking on the Avast tab in the Windows applications section.
- Once in Avast, locate and select the “Protection“.
- Inside you will see a series of sub-options, locate the virus chest (sometimes called a quarantine area in other antiviruses) and open the tab.
- In the virus chest, you will see all the archivos that the antivirus programa has deemed unsafe.
Avast, in this case, has quarantined those archivos.
This is where we need to go in and restore them.
- Locate the archivos that are associated with Discord.
All archivos related to Discord will have Discord in the name.
- Once located, clic on the three dots that appear when you hover over the archivo.
Choose “Restore and add an exception” from the list that appears
- Do this for all Discord related archivos.
Once complete restart the installation process.
Another step so that this antivirus fallo does not repeat itself is to add a folder in Avast that indicates to the programa that the Discord installation archivos are not harmful to the system.
You cánido do it by following these fácil steps:
How to know if someone blocked me on Discord
- Open the Avast usuario interfaz, in the same way as in the previous case.
- Clic on the icon “Menu” among the available options in the upper right corner and select “Setting” in the dropdown menu.
- Once inside the settings, clic on the tab “General” on the left side.
- Once inside General, select the tab “exceptions“.
- Here you cánido add exception folders.
This tells the antivirus to allow the system to access and use these archivos.
- Select the button “add exception” and locate the Discord folder and installation archivos.
Clic on “add exception” and launch Discord again.
Solution #3: Change the startup type of the Quality Windows Audio Vídeo Experience service
Follow the steps below to resolve the issue
- Open the utility Execute using the key combination Windows+R on your keyboard (press these keys at the same time.
Type “services.msc” in the newly opened box without the quotes and clic OK to open the Services tool.
- Locate the Quality Windows Audio Vídeo Experience service in the list, right-clic on it and select Properties from the context menu that appears.
- If the service starts (you perro check it right at next to the Service Status message), you must stop it by clicking the Stop button in the center of the window.
Anyway, run it again by clicking Start.
- Make sure the Startup type menu option in the service properties window is equipo to Automatic before proceeding with other steps.
Confirm any dialog boxes that may appear when changing the startup type.
You may receive the following fallo message when you clic Start:
“Windows could not start the service on local computer.
Fallo 1079: The account specified for this service differs from the account specified for other services running in the same process.”
If this happens, follow the instructions below to fix it.
- Follow steps 1 through 3 of the instructions above to open the service properties window.
Go to the Login tab and clic the Browse… button
- In the “Entrar the name of the object to select” input box, type your account name, clic Check Names, and wait for the name to become available.
- Clic OK when finished and type the password in the Password box when prompted if you have equipo a password.
It should now start without a problem!
Solution #4: Run Discord without administrator privileges
Some users have noticed that the aplicación actually works whenever they are not logged in with their admin account.
This makes us think that the real problem with the tool is the administrator permissions.
What is Discord?
It’s not always the best iniciativa to run random programs as administrator and several users have reported that running Discord without administrator permissions actually solved the problem!
- Locate the Discord executable and change its properties by right-clicking on its entry on the Desktop, in the Start menu or in the search results window and choosing Properties.
Go to the Compatibility tab in the Properties window and uncheck the box next to Run this program as administrator before applying changes.
- Make sure to confirm any dialogs that may appear to confirm your changes and Discord should start without admin privileges from now on.
Open it by double-clicking its icon and try to see if the fallo still appears.
Solution #5: Uninstall and reinstall Discord
Performing a reinstall is one of the most important methods in this article as this solution has worked for many people who had trouble with this issue.
This solution is generic, but it’s escencial to follow each step correctly if you want to restore your Discord installation and get it working properly again.
- First of all, make sure that you are logged in with an administrator account, as you cannot remove programs with any other account.
- Clic on the Start menu and open Control Panel by searching for it.
Alternatively, you perro clic the cog icon to open Settings if you’re using Windows 10.
- In it Control Panelselect View as category in the upper right corner, and clic uninstall a program in the Programs section.
- If you’re using the Settings aplicación, clicking Applications should immediately open a list of all the programs installed on your PC.
- Locate Discord in Control Panel or Settings and clic Uninstall.
- Discord’s uninstall wizard should open, asking you to choose “completely remove Discord from your computer“.
- Clic Finish when the uninstall process is complete.
If you have successfully uninstalled the tool, it is time to reinstall the Discord tool by downloading the latest installer from its website, running it from the download folder, and following the on-screen instructions until the process is complete.
Try all the methods mentioned above, and one of them will surely help you to get rid of the problem.
So, thanks for reading this troubleshooting articulo and we hope it helped you.
Also, follow us to read more guides and troubleshooting consejos.
Let us know how you got started using our proven methods, did they work for you? Or, are you still struggling to make things work? Let us know by leaving us a comment in the section below.
Clic to rate this entry!
and everything related to earning money, getting a job, and the economy of our house.
Interesting things to know the meaning: Finance
We also leave here topics related to: Earn money