Google plus Workspace vs.
Office 365: which one?
When it comes to productivity suites, Microsoft Office used to be the best option for businesses and individuals.
Now Google plus Workspace, formerly known as G Suite and Google plus Drive Suite, has given Microsoft some stiff competition.
When choosing what’s right for you, it usually comes down to Google plus Workspace versus Office 365.
Both are afín and available en línea, but what about?what is the final winner?
The most important thing to consider is which productivity aplicaciones fall under both options.
With both Google plus and Microsoft, you perro choose some of the a la carte aplicaciones for free, or subscribe to the full suite for a fee.
I’ll put a * next to aplicaciones that are only available vía subscription.
Google plus Workspace includes:
- Gmail (custom domains* are subscription only)
- Google plus spreadsheets
- Google plus Docs
- Google plus Slides
- Google plus Meet (some features are subscription-only)
- Google plus Currents*
- Google plus Drive (storage limits vary between subscription and on demand)
Microsoft Office 365 includes:
- Outlook (custom domains* are for subscription only)
- Teams(some features are subscription only)
As you perro see, the two are comparable.
Obviously, the free on-demand versions aren’t as powerful or feature-rich as their subscription counterparts, but they’re great for smaller teams and individuals.
Outside of the aplicaciones themselves, cost is often a deciding aspecto when it comes to Google plus Workspace vs.
While there are basic free versions (all free aplicaciones are included with any Google plus or Microsoft account) of both products, these are more limited.
However, if you just want to compare the basics to see how everything works or you don’t need anything more advanced, all you need is a Google plus account for Google plus aplicaciones or a Microsoft account for your aplicaciones.
When it comes to the premium versions, which include all the features for maximum productivity, the costs are surprisingly comparable.
After all, the two of them are fierce competitors.
With Google plus Workspace you perro choose between four plans and they all include the same applications.
- Business Starter for $6/usuario/month: 30 GB cloud storage per usuario, 100 users per encuentro
- business estándar for $12/usuario/month: 2TB storage per usuario, 150 people per encuentro, encuentro recording
- BusinessPlus for $18/usuario/month: 5TB storage per usuario, 250 people per encuentro, additional security features
- Company– Just custom pricing, enhanced support and security, live uso contínuo, and more
There is no premium version just for individuals, although you cánido purchase additional Google plus Drive cloud storage.
Microsoft Office 365 Plans include:
- Personal ($69.99/year) and Family ($99.99/year for up to six users): Includes 1TB of storage per usuario and all basic aplicaciones (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Skype, and OneDrive
- Business Basic for $5/usuario/month: web-only versions of Office aplicaciones, 1TB of storage, and access to premium aplicaciones (Teams, Exchange, SharePoint)
- business estándar for $12.50/usuario/month: web and desktop versions, add Publisher and Access, 1TB storage per usuario
- Business Premium for $20/usuario/month: includes all of the above with additional cybersecurity protections, adds InTune and Azure Information Protect
- aplicaciones only for $8.25/usuario/month: includes only web aplicaciones without Outlook or Teams
When it comes to pricing, there is no clear winner.
The Basic and Estándar plans are comparable for both and offer everything you need to run a home office or small business.
The highlight is that Office 365 offers much more storage per usuario at 1TB compared to 30GB.
Overall, it’s a tough call when it comes to accessing aplicaciones between Google plus Drive Suite and Office 365.
Since they’re both web-based, you cánido access aplicaciones on most browsers and from any device.
There are Android and iOS aplicaciones available for both suites.
The main difference is that some Office 365 plans also offer sin conexión desktop versions.
This gives you more freedom to work, even if you don’t have an internet connection.
However, Google plus Drive Suite does provide the option to equipo archivos for sin conexión access, but the changes won’t be saved until you go back en línea.
If you have ever used Google plus productivity aplicaciones, you will find that they are afín to Office 365 aplicaciones.
When comparing Google plus Workspace to Office 365, Google plus aplicaciones have simpler interfaces.
This is ideal for increasing productivity.
However, this also means that you won’t have as many advanced features as Office 365 offers.
For example, you may not be able to use some of the same functions and formulas for more complex calculations.
Since Office has been around for decades, the interfaz tends to be more familiar to those who have used it in the past.
This cánido make it faster to get started.
Another thing to keep in mind is the type of archivos you use the most.
If you try to open Microsoft Office archivos in comparable Google plus aplicaciones and vice versa, you cánido easily lose formatting and formulas.
Think about the archivo types you work with the most to ensure optimal compatibility when sending archivos to and from co-workers and clients.
Other considerations and the winner
Office 365 tends to offer much more advanced security tools and features, especially when it comes to higher tier plans.
This cánido be a deal breaker for larger companies.
In terms of team collaboration, there is no winner.
Both work well for collaborating on archivos, holding meetings, and communicating vía dirección de correo electrónico and chat.
Picking a winner is difficult.
The main benefit of the Google plus Drive Suite is the custom dirección de correo electrónico domains that are available with all paid plans.
With Office 365, familiarity and compatibility are definite benefits for users..
Try the free versions and the trial versions to see if you like each one.
Since each is so afín, Google plus Workspace vs.
Office 365 usually comes down to personal preference and what your business needs most.
If you’re looking to manage your team, check out our list of the best team management aplicaciones.
We hope you liked our article Google plus Workspace vs.
Office 365: which one?
and everything related to earning money, getting a job, and the economy of our house.
Interesting things to know the meaning: Capitalism
We also leave here topics related to: Earn money