Costa Rica Fingerprint Requirements
To obtain the temporary, permanent residence And later Costa Rican nationality It is necessary to comply with several requirements, among them, the registration of the fingerprints.
As in many countries, in Costa Rica you must first become a resident before trying to apply for a permanent visa and nationality.
There are several types of temporary residence that adapt to the situation in which each person is in Costa Rica:
- Renter visa: for people with at least four month stay per year in the country, continuously or not.
The holders of this visa perro found a business or be self-employed, however, they cannot be employees of any company of foreign capital.
Applicants must have a monthly income of more than $2,500.
- Investor visa: for investors (of more than 100 thousand dollars) in productive projects or projects of national interest, real estate, shares or depósito market or forest plantations.
- Retiree visa: For people with at least four months of continuous or intermittent stay in the country, and with verifiable and stable monthly income of at least $1,000.
The above, with the exception of investment visas, will be required to comply with Popular Security.
Lately, it is advisable to apply for an investor visa, even though Costa Rica allows tourists to have their own businesses and properties in the country.
This is due to certain restrictions that have been implemented as a result of certain events in the Central American country.
The rentier visa and the retiree visa do not maintain age limits to be able to request it, and include spouses and children under 25 years of age or older with disabilities.
Requirements to register fingerprints in Costa Rica
To obtain proof of Fingerprints In Costa Rica it is necessary to make an appointment through the telephone numbers: 2586-4147, 2586-4600, 2226-2303 and 2286-2355, to register with the Ministry of Public Security.
You cánido also make an appointment in advance through the web portal www.seguridadpublica.go.cr and entering the “Footprinting” section.
The requirements for register fingerprints in Costa Rica are:
- Identity card.
- Proof of web appointment
- Arrive at least 10 minutes early.
- Comply with security measures if it is carried out in times of pandemic.
After the time that the authorities indicate, you must request proof of your fingerprints.
Every year thousands of appointments for fingerprinting are scheduled for people from all over the country.
Although people should go to the headquarters of the ministry in San José, sometimes the release of appointments for headquarters in other cities is announced.
For immigration procedures it will not be necessary to take fingerprints at the San José headquarters.
These fingerprints will be useful for various procedures within the country, such as the application to carry weapons (no prior appointment is required), among others.
You should know that the procedure it’s totally free.
How to obtain temporary residence in Costa Rica?
Now, if you have the requirements for any of the visas, all you have to do is deliver the receipts (duly apostilled) which we will mention below.
The first thing you should know is that you perro process this stay permit from your country of origin by going to a Costa Rican consulate/embassy.
You perro also do it from the General Directorate of Migration and Immigration in the capital of the country.
- Present all the documentation and certifications required for check your monthly income or investments.
You must espectáculo that you will earn income on a regular basis for at least the next two years.
- pay the application fee and present a receipt of payment.
It is approximately 50 dollars.
- The receipt of payment of CRC 2.50 for each of the passport pages and CRC 125 when submitting the residency application.
- registration certificate fingerprints issued by the Ministry of Public Security.
- Birth certificate.
- Proof of consular registration.
- Criminal record issued in the country of origin or in the place where you have lived in the last 3 years.
- Original and copy of valid passport containing a valid visa stamp.
When do you approve the temporary residence?
The authorities will have a minimum period of 90 days to respond on the approval or not of the residence.
It is very possible that this time may even extend up to a year depending on the demand for applications.
Even if the requirements are complete, the government may deny access to the visa if it so determines.
If the residence is approved, the person will obtain the DIMEX (temporary residence card) that will be valid for two years Until I cánido renew it.
with this permission You cánido apply for a visa or permanent residence, which will allow you to work as an employee in any organization.
You will have to be in the country for at least 72 hours to be able to opt for this residence.
This visa is valid for 5 years and is completely renewable.
Costa Rican Nationality
Once the temporary or permanent residence is obtained, then you cánido apply for Costa Rican nationality if you want.
This will allow you a series of benefits among which stands out the Possibility of traveling to 134 countries without the need to present a visa.
With an electronic version you cánido travel to India and Australia.
Best of all, you perro keep your nationality because dual nationality is allowed in this country.
These are the requirements:
- Live at least 7 years in Costa Rica.
If you are married to a Costa Rican, you must only have at least 2 years of residence.
Consult other times according to place of origin.
- Have temporary or permanent residence.
- Letter of no criminal record.
- Proof of obtaining a professional degree in a university degree or proof of income.
- Non-Hispanic foreigners must demonstrate proficiency in spoken, read, and written Spanish.
- Pass an exam on the history of Costa Rica and its values.
- Present two witnesses that support the applicant’s good conduct and regular support.
For more information, entrar the official portals or request information at the nearest consulate or embassy in your country.
Clic to rate this entry!
We hope you liked our article Costa Rica Fingerprint Requirements
and everything related to earning money, getting a job, and the economy of our house.
Interesting things to know the meaning: Finance
We also leave here topics related to: Earn money