A Comprehensive Evernote Review:
whatIs Evernote the best note taking aplicación for you? How does it compare to its alternatives? Is Evernote’s free plan enough or is it worth getting the premium version? Let’s find out.
Evernote is a habitual note-taking aplicación with a large usuario base.
It has established a solid reputation among students and professionals.
People often use it for their personal and professional needs.
In our guide to Evernote, you’ll find out how it works, its pros and cons, and how it stacks up against its alternatives so you cánido choose the note-taking aplicación that’s right for you.
As usual, you perro use our handy table of contents below to jump to the section that interests you the most.
What is it like to use Evernote?
Evernote is a dedicated note-taking aplicación that gives you complete control over your aprecies.
It makes capturing, organizing, and searching for aprecies exceptionally accessible.
Evernote’s usuario experience is fácil, elegant, and efficient.
It syncs across multiple devices quickly and is available on desktop, mobile, and the web.
Navigation on all devices remains afín.
Onboarding instructions make it easy to get started with the aplicación.
Even the advanced features are not difficult to understand.
You perro access almost all the features from the home tab or you perro open the side menu bar to access various sections.
The following features and sections are available while browsing the aplicación:
A collection of all aprecies sorted by recently used.
A writing space to jot down a quick note, which you perro then delete or copy and paste into a new note.
Pinned aprecies are displayed in this section for quick access.
The captured web clips, images, documents, audios, and correos electrónicos are displayed in this section.
A list of all notebooks sorted by recently used.
Aprecies are organized in Notebooks.
A collection of usuario-made tags for easy access to aprecies under the same tag.
A list of usuario-created shortcuts for quick access to frequently used aprecies.
The calendar connects with Google plus Calendar to backlink aprecies to events for easy access.
Equipo filters based on palabras clave, tags, notepads, attachments, dates, etcétera. to view a collection of aprecies in one place.
A list of usuario-created tasks that perro be added to aprecies and organized with due dates or flags.
Manage aplicación settings and customize the look with Dark Mode or Create Button appearance options.
Tapping the “+ New” button prompts you with a variety of options to add a camera photo, sketch, attachment, audio, task, or note.
At the top, you cánido view or editar the notebook the note is saved to.
Then you cánido entrar the title or just start typing.
You also have the option to choose a template provided by Evernote or you perro create a custom template if you are a premium usuario.
Here are the formatting options you cánido use when writing aprecies:
- Insert a task, camera photo, calendar event, attachment, image, backlink, table, divider, audio, checkbox, code block, sketch, or Google plus archivos Drive inside note.
- Editar the text style, size, font, text color, highlight color, or text alignment.
- Make text bold, italic, underline, strikethrough, subscript, or superscript.
- Add a checklist, bulleted list, or numbered list
- Add a backlink with a title and a dirección de Internet.
You perro use the following features while using aprecies:
- Share the note with someone vía dirección de correo electrónico, invitation, or by creating a share backlink.
- Find text within the note.
- Add a label or reminder to the note.
- Pin the note to Start.
- Find more information about the note, such as creation date, last update date, size, etcétera.
- Save the note as a template.
- Print, move, duplicate, or delete the note.
- Undo or redo any action.
Evernote’s drawing mode comes with the following additional features:
- Turn on “Fit to Shape” for smoother or more precise sketches.
- Change the background color or background pattern of the sketch.
- Change the color and size of the drawing pen or marker.
- Use the scratch or slicer to editar the sketch.
- Zoom in, out, or back to fit-to-screen view.
Evernote is habitual for its search feature that makes it incredibly easy to search through your aprecies.
You perro apply filters based on tags, notebook, date created, date updated, and the following content:
- archive archivos
- Events calendar
- code blocks
- document archivos
- Correo electrónico addresses
- Google plus Drive
- office archivos
- PDF archivos
- names of people
- Telephone numbers
- Tasks: Completed
- Tasks: Not completed
The search function also includes character recognition that looks for palabras clave in photos, whiteboard scans, business cards, handwritten aprecies, and documents.
If this is all you wanted to know, and you want to go ahead and start a risk-free trial of Evernote while securing any exclusive discounts we cánido get for you, you perro use the button below to get started.
Additional Evernote Features
Evernote is continually adding features to maintain its reputation as one of the best note-taking aplicaciones around.
Some additional features that make Evernote stand out are:
Web Clipper is available as a browser extension that allows you to save web pages, articles, images, screenshots, and PDF archivos.
You perro easily organize them into notebooks and annotate screenshots as you save them.
If you hate keeping stacks of paper, Evernote has your back! You perro scan and save any document, whether it’s your ID card, a business archivo, or a handwritten note.
With Evernote’s character recognition feature, you perro even search within documents for especial text.
All your tasks, correos electrónicos, calendar, and aprecies perro work in harmony with Evernote’s third-party integrations.
It integrates with aplicaciones like Google plus Calendar, Gmail, Google plus Drive, Slack, Microsoft Teams, Salesforce, Outlook, and Zapier.
Penultimate is a free iPad digital writing aplicación from Evernote.
It’s like a paperless, inkless notebook that you cánido take anywhere to draw or write aprecies.
It syncs with Evernote without a problem.
Evernote has three pricing tiers and one team plan:
The free plan
Many users who don’t need premium features only use the free version of Evernote, as it covers the basic features you’ll need for casual use.
- 2 Synchronization of devices
- Up to 60 GB of monthly uploads
- Note size up to 25 MB
- 3 widgets on the home page
- tasks in note
- Search with tags
- web clipping
- document scanning
- Attachments such as PDF archivos, receipts, archivos, photos, images and documents
- audio aprecies
- Gmail connection to save correos electrónicos to Evernote
- Sin conexión access to aprecies on the desktop
You cánido see all the details of the free plan here.
The Personal Premium Plan
The Personal Premium plan costs $7.99 a month or $69.99 a year.
It is ideal for personal use if you want to use its premium features.
It covers all the features of the free plan and also includes:
- Unlimited device sync
- Up to 10 GB monthly uploads
- Note size up to 200 MB
- Customizable home page
- Access to additional widgets
- Google plus Calendar connection
- Due dates, reminders and notifications feature for tasks
- Sin conexión access to aprecies on desktop and mobile devices
- Search for text within images, documents and PDF archivos
- custom templates
- Annotation of images and PDF archivos
- Dirección de correo electrónico forwarding to Evernote
- Google plus Drive connection to add archivos to aprecies
- Note version history and restore
You perro see all the details of the Personal plan here.
The Professional Premium Plan
The Professional Premium Plan costs $9.99 a month or $99.99 a year.
It is best for professionals who want to manage large projects at work or in their personal lives.
Covers everything in the personal premium plan and also includes:
- Up to 20 GB of monthly uploads
- Access to all widgets and customization options for the home page
- Google plus Calendar personal and work connections
- Task management system for teams
- Search for Boolean terms
- Location-based search
- Notebook exports (as PDF)
- Integration with Slack, Salesforce, Microsoft Teams and more
For a complete overview of all the details of the Professional plan, go here.
Evernote also offers a workplace solution for companies that work together.
It costs $14.99 per usuario per month.
Covers everything in the Professional Premium Plan and also includes:
- Spaces that facilitate collaboration on team projects.
You cánido access all the aprecies, documents, and tasks within a space from one panel.
You perro also find the latest updates made by team members and frequently accessed pin aprecies.
- Admin Console allows the administrator to manage users, content, billing, security settings and integrations from this panel.
It also allows you to search the activity history with detailed logs.
Evernote vs Competitors
There are many alternatives to Evernote.
Below, we’ve compared the key differences between them to help you make the best choice.
- Evernote is easier to use, simpler, and more elegant than OneNote.
- Evernote offers some features only to premium users while OneNote offers all its features for free.
You would only have to pay for OneNote if you need more than 5 GB of data storage.
- Evernote has an advanced search tool, while OneNote’s search is limited to text without many search modifiers.
- Evernote is primarily a note taking aplicación whereas Notion is more than just a note taking aplicación.
So Evernote is better if you’re looking for a dedicated note-taking aplicación without a lot of distracting features and Notion is better for those who want a multi-purpose workplace aplicación.
- Evernote may be great for personal management, while Notion may be better for large team project collaborations.
- Evernote offers features like in-aplicación sketching and document scanning, while Notion offers no such features.
Google plus Keep
- Evernote’s usuario interfaz is like a notebook, while Google plus Keep’s interfaz is like sticky aprecies.
So Google plus Keep is easier to use and navigate, but Evernote offers more features.
- Evernote integrates with many programs, while Google plus Keep integrates only with Google plus aplicaciones.
- Evernote has rich text formatting options, while Google plus Keep does not offer such text formatting options.
- Evernote’s free plan provides enough features, while Notability’s free version is quite limited even for personal use.
However, the premium version of Notability is only $11.99 a year (prices vary by region).
- Evernote organizes aprecies into Notebooks, while Notability has Topics and then Dividers, which makes organizing them a bit more complex.
- Evernote is available on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android, while Notability is only available on Mac and iOS.
- Evernote offers distinct features like templates, Web Clipper, and audio aprecies, while Bear has other distinct features like multiple export options, Markdown syntax, and focus mode.
- Evernote is available on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android, while Bear is only available on Mac and iOS.
- Evernote integrates with more third-party programs than Bear, making Evernote easier to sync with your workflow.
- Evernote and Apple Aprecies both allow you to create notebooks, but Evernote allows you to tag aprecies, while Apple Aprecies allows you to create sub-notebooks.
- Evernote provides rich text formatting, is feature-rich, and integrates with many third-party programs, while Apple Aprecies is simpler, has fewer features, and does not integrate with any third-party programs.
- Evernote is available on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android, while Apple Aprecies is only available on Mac and iOS.
- Evernote is great for taking and organizing aprecies, while Trello is better for planning and managing projects.
You perro use one or both by connecting them with the Evernote Power-Up in Trello.
- Evernote is specialized in note taking with tasks as an added feature, while Todoist is a dedicated task management aplicación for managing projects.
Conclusion of our Evernote review: Is it worth it?
Evernote is a prominent note-taking aplicación that has been around for decades.
It is reported to have over 250 million users.
Although it has many alternatives, Evernote has many loyal entusiastas who stick with it as well.
It may be better for you if:
- You take a lot of aprecies and want to organize them efficiently.
Its advanced search will allow you to find the exact note you are looking for in seconds.
- You would like an in-aplicación task management system along with your aprecies to smooth out your workflow.
- He enjoys taking voice aprecies, drawing sketches, inserting images, or scanning handwritten aprecies.
- You want an easy and efficient way to clip sections or pages from the web to add to your aprecies.
- You use multiple note-taking devices and want them to work in sync.
- You use applications like Gmail, Google plus Drive, Google plus Calendar, Slack, Outlook, MS Teams, Zapier, etcétera., and you want to integrate them with your aprecies or tasks.
Overall, Evernote is a great aplicación for your personal and professional use.
It is worth the considered price.
Once you get the hang of it, chances are you’ll stick with it.
In our opinion, Evernote is the most accessible note-taking aplicación with features rich enough to cover most, if not all of the use cases you’ll need.
Other Evernote alternatives aren’t bad either, but we prefer Evernote because its developers keep updating the aplicación to make it more useful, efficient, and increasingly easy to use.
We hope you liked our article A Comprehensive Evernote Review:
and everything related to earning money, getting a job, and the economy of our house.
Interesting things to know the meaning: Capitalism
We also leave here topics related to: Earn money